Time to cook: 25-30 minutes
Nutrition per serving:
- 4 free-range skin-on chicken thighs, skin slashed
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges (skin on)
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
- 2 large courgettes, sliced lengthways into 0.5cm thick strips
- Small bunch basil, leaves picked and roughly chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- Small bunch coriander, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- 30g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 25g parmesan, finely grated
- Grated zest and juice 1 lemon
- 80g feta, crumbled
- Grill the chicken thighs on a foil-lined baking sheet for 25-30 minutes, turning halfway, until cooked through.
- Put the sweet potato on an oven tray and roast in a 180°C fan/gas 6 oven for 25-35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make a pesto by whizzing together the basil, coriander, most of the pine nuts, the garlic, parmesan, 3 tbsp oil and half the lemon juice in a small food processor (or use a pestle and mortar or finely chop by hand). Season to taste with salt and pepper
- When the chicken is nearly ready, brush the courgettes with oil, then add to the grill and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender and just charred.
- Serve the chicken, potato wedges and courgettes with the pesto spooned over, then crumble the feta over the top. Sprinkle with the rest of the pine nuts, the lemon zest and some basil leaves.
Source: https://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/recipes/ grilled-chicken-thighs-with-sweet-potato-wedges-courgettes-and-feta
Written by Bev Walton, BSc Nutritional Science
I achieved a First-Class Honours degree in BSc Nutritional Science, Nutrition Sciences from the University of Reading and now have over 35 years experience in all types of cuisine, dietary plans, recipe development, health and nutrition. I have been writing for over 10 years for magazines and websites as well as ghostwriting for ebooks, Kindle and fully published books. I’m also a proud member of the Guild of Food writers.