Cook time: 30 minutes
Nutrition per serving:
- Approx 900g/2lb cold cooked rice (about 400g/14oz uncooked rice)
- 400g tuna in springwater
- 200g frozen petits pois, defrosted
- 2 red peppers, peeled with a potato peeler, deseeded and diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into small chunks
- 5 spring onions, finely sliced
- Bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Large handful stoned green olives, roughly chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- The cooked rice will have probably clumped together, so break it up in a large mixing bowl.
- Flake in the tuna, then mix in the peas, peppers, tomatoes, spring onions, parsley and olives, if you’re using them.
- Stir through the mayonnaise, lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste.
- Place in a large plastic container and enjoy for lunch or snack during the day
Written by Bev Walton, BSc Nutritional Science
I achieved a First-Class Honours degree in BSc Nutritional Science, Nutrition Sciences from the University of Reading and now have over 35 years experience in all types of cuisine, dietary plans, recipe development, health and nutrition. I have been writing for over 10 years for magazines and websites as well as ghostwriting for ebooks, Kindle and fully published books. I’m also a proud member of the Guild of Food writers.